If you are an employee, it could be that your employer pays any professional subscriptions you have.

However, if you are paying any professional subscriptions yourself then you may be able to claim tax relief for these.

HMRC publishes a list of the allowable professional subscriptions, so it is easy to check whether the subscription to your professional body is allowed.

If it is, then you can either claim tax relief directly from HMRC or we can claim this when preparing your tax return and reviewing your tax position for the year.

Please do contact me if you have any professional subscriptions and would like to investigate claiming tax relief.