Fixed Fee Packages
As an experienced tax professional, I understand that fees can be a major concern for many individuals. That’s why I operate with a fixed fee structure – one fee covers the return, accounts, as well as support throughout the year.
The fixed-fee packages include:
- Support during the year, answering general tax and business queries
- Maximising your allowances, so you pay the correct amount of tax
- Explaining return requirements and assisting with obtaining information
- My monthly client newsletter
- Preparation and agreement of the tax return and accounts
- Providing detailed tax computations and planning schedules
- Online submission to HMRC, digital signatures are available
- Agreeing the return with HMRC
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence during the year
- Issuing reminders for upcoming deadlines
- Preparation of what if? tax computations for future plans
- Checking tax codes are correct
Capital Gains Tax Return £200 – Calculation of the capital gain and estimation of the tax liability. To declare the gain on the disposal of a rental property to HMRC within 60 days of sale.
Additional Rental Property £100 – The Silver Package includes one rental property or self-employment source. This charge is per additional rental property to add to the package.
MTD Quarterly Return £25 – Making Tax Digital for Income Tax is introduced from 2026 or 2027. Per quarterly submission to check and submit this to HMRC on your behalf. I will provide a MTD compatible spreadsheet for you to keep the digital bookkeeping records.
Discounts – are usually available in cases where we are completing multiple years together, for multiple family returns, or for reporting joint income on individual tax returns.
Payment – is normally made by bank transfer. You can also pay online securely by card or PayPal if you prefer.
Inflation – fees increase by an amount in line with inflation each tax year. I always aim to minimise the increases in times of excessive inflation. For example, annual inflation was over 10% in the 2022/23 year yet I only increased the fees by half this – 5%.
“I needed help for my tax returns, and James very kindly and professionally walked me through the process.
He was able to bring the message across to me in a way that I could understand, which made the whole process painless.
He also dealt with my wife’s tax returns at the same time, which was much appreciated.
I do highly recommend James McBrearty if you need help with your tax.”
“I have recommended James to many of my own clients to help with their tax affairs.
James is very professional, friendly and pro-active.
He contacts the clients very quickly and completes their tax returns speedily and saves the clients as much tax as possible.
I have no hesitation to recommend James to future clients and I look forward to a continued working relationship with him.”
“James works professionally and efficiently to ensure that all my needs are met.
He is helpful and understanding. Finding someone so proficient in something I find extremely complex means I can get on with what I’m good at.”